Bo’ness Athletic Football Club welcomes fans of all ages to Newtown Park, and we hope that everyone enjoys their visit.
Newtown Park Facts
Cover: Yes (Enclosure)
Ground Opened: 1886
Record Attendance: 9,000 v Celtic (5 March 1927)
Playing Surface: 3G Synthetic
Parking: Opposite ground
The first 100 years
Newtown Park as we know it today was first used in 1886. The facilities at the stadium were poor, however by 1895 a small grandstand had been erected on the south side of the pitch.
In 1902 a small grandstand was erected on the north side of the pitch. The building work and the installation of turn-styles was accomplished with the help of the supporters.
After the club’s election to the Scottish League in 1921, extensive work was undertaken at Newtown Park. New turf was laid, terracing was provided on all four sides, and a new 500 seat grandstand was built on the south side of the pitch.
In 1960, a covered enclosure on the North terracing was built using material salvaged from the demolition of the Fison’s Factory in Corbiehall.
2000 > present
In the summer of 2000, after fundraising and with the aid of a grant, a new enclosure was completed on the north terracing.
In 2012, the upper half of the seated stand was removed due to asbestos, this was replace with a modern blue wedge-shaped roof making the accommodation below once more waterproof.
In March 2012 Newtown Park Association was born with the mandate to take ownership of the facility on behalf of the People of Bo’ness, and to convert the Stadium into a multi- use sport, recreational and social facility that could be used by the community irrespective of their age and gender.
An artificial 3G surface and floodlights were installed in 2019 with further improvements to the ground continuing to be planned.